Sorry we don't have a camera yet, and I need to ask someone again how to remove these songs from our playlist - I've tried - sorry, I know they have been the same ones for a while! Glen and Kendi hosted Madison for her spring break, and took her to and from the airport, BYU, Utah State, and the Conference Center for the young women's broadcast. Madison came home really charged up from the trip, and more focused about what she wants to do for college. She found her friend Kasey Hansen at BYU, and hung out with a big group of guy and girl friends for three days. Her favorite thing was this place where you "tumble" and launch each other into large pits of foam blocks. Madison did a back flip into the pit when she was floored from a running tackle from this guy. She messed up her knee, but had a good time anyway.
She loved being with Glen, Kendi & family, and I thought it was funny that Glen took her to Utah State, Madison met up with a former sister missionary friend we got close to here in Virginia and they sat and talked while Glen went on the Utah State tour for incoming freshmen. Glen said he learned a lot about USU that he didn't know, got some free aggie icecream, and also went to visit his former institute class. Good job Glen - wish Madison had gone on the tour with you! Madison came home and said - without any prompting, that seeing life after high school has done her a ton of good, that she sees the potential in college guys, especially ones who have fun while also keeping high standards - YAYAYAYAY!
The rest of us chilled during break - our two outings were funny. In the middle of "Horton Hears a Who" the film caught fire and burned up on the screen. We got refunds and will go later. The second outing (the kids wanted it) was the horrible Chucky Cheese - one hour and 20$ later, I had all i could stand & I rounded up the kids, we grabbed our 2 cent prizes, and ran out of there! The most fun we had was just hanging around, reading, and playing at the park. I finished two books - really liked "Rhett Butler's People" - you'll love it if you are a "Gone with the Wind" fan. Favorite spring break movie "Dan in Real Life". Favorite line? "You are the MURDERER OF LOVE!" (remind you of anyone?). I'd love to hear about your spring breaks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So for the music, click on the playlist and log on, then just follow the prompts to add or delete music...call me if needed.
So I guess Madison made up her mind before she went? Glen WOULD take the tour, he's already a nerdy dad.
I thought the movie "Dan in Real Life" was really good, and I want to see Horton so long as I don't get burned, thats funny. Thinking of Chuck E Cheese gives me a headache.
We're very happy that Madison got a more complete picture of possibilities after high school. Thanks to Glen for being a super uncle, and a patient one too. Sounds like it was fun. Does Madison know how to NOT get injured when engaging in sport activities? Hope her leg is better.
"Dan in Real Life" is a great movie. There are lots of good movies these days for addicts like me and Melecia. Remember when we went to two movies at different theatres the same day?
Our spring break has included a trip to the Denver Art Museum, the Denver Zoo, bowling in Westminster. Eric went to a rock concert in Boulder with friends. Hannah goes tonight to "My Fair Lady" in Denver with friends. We've had a bundle of their friends over to hang out. I've been immersed in missionary work. We had two baptisms last week, an open house, and have some good prospects. Missionaries have been over for dinner twice this week. Susan's mom living with us has been a real trip. She's a delight! It's been very busy and fun. Taxes are due, UGH! Life is good.
Love you, Dad
We just watched "Dan in Real Life" again a couple weeks ago. I love that movie. The murder of love and dancing part with Pig Face are my favorites.
I'm glad I went with Madison up to Utah State. I learned origin of becoming a True Aggie and some interesting history and ways the university is unique. And there was a cool film at the end. A nice bonus was that I got free parking and a bunch of free ice cream. I was a little disappointed that the tour guide didn't ask me what my major was going to be, like he did with the 9 other freshman candidates. I told him later I was there to get information for my niece. -G
Fun account of your week, Melecia, and I'm thrilled Madison got a new perspective on life beyond 17 and beyond SHS! Glen and Kendi, you're awesome - -the best host and hostess possible. I love it that you went on the tour, Glen! Okay, so it was a BIT nerdy, but sounds like something I'd do - - in fact, I think I did do that with one of you boys.
Cute picture of Madison, too. Thanks for the update.
Love you,
Mom/Gram
Thanks for filling us in...we think of you often and hope all is well in Virginia.
We're excited that Madison is going to get to experience some great colleges and hope she picks the "right one!!" (Sorry no offense to you BYU fans!!!)
Hey Melecia!
How did Madison like her college trip tour? I would've loved to help her out but it seems like they had a pretty busy schedule. If you have any questions about USU at all Id love to help! Love, Jaimee
Post a Comment