Blog Background

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Help name the puppy!

Today we are the proud owners of a Shish-chon - have Shish-tzu, half Bichon. This pup is very
playful, sturday, and overwhelmed right now with love from all the children. He is our "big" Christmas present to the kids, and the breeders did a really great job of raising him so far! Rhett gave his blessing, and we are enjoying the new little guy very much!




I might need to have my head examined - potty training a puppy and a two year old, but
I think the fun of having a cute little lovable dog with outweigh the problems. The names we have thought of so far are Rascal, Jack (Sparrow), Nacho (Libre), Oreo, and the original name of
the dog, which is Tyler. Since we have two relatives named Tyler, it seems better to leave that name to the humans. We are having trouble agreeing on a name. We'd love some more ideas!



















10 comments:

Maude said...

So adorable! The smiles on the face of each child in the family say it all! Congratulations! And the potty training? Well, I guess if you need to stay close to home for one, you might as well be working with two! The kenneling thing really helps, especially at night. I'm sure you'll have the cute little guy shaped up in no time. I'm very happy for you all - - and love you lots.

Always,
Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Well, well, well! You got your puppy and I know you are going to love him and raise him perfectly!! I agree with your mom--do the kenneling and you'll do fine. Maybe Cecily can teach him to go on the potty. We know some people who have a cat that does that!! I'm proud of you! He is so adorable. How could you resist?
As for names, Hannah says that usually after a while a name will just fit him and stick! I like Jack Sparrow, of course! All your choices are cute!!

Good luck and have fun!
xoxo,
Susan

Paul and Joni said...

Oreo seems good because of his colors. What about Deputy dog? Call him Dep for short...as in Johnny Depp.
I remember when we were thinking of names for our dog Marshall we kept naming prophets like Hunter and Benson...you could name him Hinkley (haha). Wllly Woodruff, or Lo Snow...ball. You could go old school prohets, Zedekiah, Ecclesiastes. I am having too much fun. Did you know Marshall's real name was Larklain Zodiac Spellbinder? Jake's was Snake River Jake. I have to go to church, good luck naming the dog.

Maude said...

Hey, good work, Paul. You can always be counted on for original name ideas. Oreo, or Zedi are pretty cute. You forgot part of Jake's name - - he wasn't JUST Snake River Jake, but Snake River Jake the 13th (impressive, hmmm? - - -probably because there had been a few other Snake River Jakes before him.) Welsh Corgi people do get a little carried away with the names, don't they?

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That's a cute little tyke. You've waited a long time for a puppy. I think your happy family will be even happier. What darling pictures! I think having a dog (and in our case a cat too) to cuddle brings love and gentleness into the home. How are you going to handle who sleeps with him? Love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest puppy ever! I'm very jealous, but one dog is probably enough for me. :) Congratulations and good luck!
Love,
Erin

Joel said...

What a cute puppy. I like the name ored, zorro?

Anonymous said...

I actually think your totally crazy for getting a dog!!! Just kidding...you know I've been your co-conspirator all along on the dog thing.
We'd have one too if it wasn't for Glen and his allergies. They seem to make the best pets. I think they offer so much love. I also think it is so good for kids to grow up around animals so they aren't afraid of them and dogs have so much to offer. They have the best personalities of any pet.
I bet your kids were floating on a cloud when you brought that puppy home. Especially Becca!
I am no help with names. I don't have a very good imagination. Except for our hamster, it's name was Chewy Chabacka Ruxbin the 3rd.

HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

Cecily is a little scared of him and whenever he sees her she just runs away. We were fighting over the names of Jack and Mr. Darcy. That didn't work and Madison son Alfafa and it just came to me and Becca, we both said Ralphie from A Christmas Story and we all said yeah that would be cute but Garrett was like," Ralphie? Do we have to name our dog Ralphie. Oh alright Ralphie it is." I took a pencil and said," Your name now as long as you live is Ralphie." while placing the pencil on both of his shoulders.

-Livi

Moore Family said...

Ralphie is a good name. I like Nacho too. Very cute dog! Is he hypoallergenic? There are very few dogs I can be around without getting all itchy and my eyes swelling up. Even sometimes with dogs they say don't give you allergies.

Glen