It has been a great Holiday so far! Rhett's surprise for the kids was amazing. Everyone was very surprised, and thrilled to have him home. We all needed the time together!

Most suspenseful moment:
Making everyone wait at the top of the stairs while Rhett spends 10 minutes in the bathroom, Melecia turns on the tree lights, puts on music, lets the dog out, and finally announces "oh my gosh, Santa came! MOMMMMM!
Best Christmas food traditions: Christmas brunch with flanksteak, eggs, and sweetrolls. Best all around: Christmas Eve Nativity and reading Christmas books.
New for this year: Madison attends Christmas midnight mass with Patrick's family. She enjoyed learning about it, and said "I am so thankful for our church that is so alive." We had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner with friends.
Best Invention and funniest moment: Rhett invents the foam "doggie collar" that adds two inches in each direction to Ralphie's neck, and keeps him from getting out of the fence. It should be patented!
Worst moment with dad being home: "I hate this dog. He is the bane of my existance."
Best moment with dad: Every other moment. Breakfast at Cracker Barrel, shopping, seeing "National Treasure 2", snuggling, singing loud for all to hear.
Favorite gifts:
Madison - a soft robe that says "angel" in Rhinestones on the back. Also a plaid coat from pac sun.
Garrett: Ipod nano
Livi: Webkins or art kit
Becca: Tea set, tent, and jewelry set
Cecily: Candy canes off the tree and any candy laying around from the stockings.
Rhett: being home
Melecia: having Rhett home ---gold earrings and the brass Saudi shot glasses from Riyadh. (I'm not sure if the second one is shot glasses or little tiny coffee cups.) I also loved the gifts from mom and dad. Dad's personal history is wonderful, and I had the best time at Kohl's spending my gift card.
We love all of you! Have a wonderful holiday
7 comments:
Looks like a fun time for all. Sorry Rhett hated the dog, but that was a great invention and you probably could patent it and make millions and then he would definitely love the dog forever!! Great idea, huh?
Hope you are all holding up ok with Rhett being gone again. So glad he got to come home. You are in our prayers, always.
Love you lots and lots,
Susan
Great detail on Christmas! It sounds like Rhett's being there was the greatest excitement, but it doesn't take long to have the ups and downs of life together. The collar invention is neat. The puppy didn't seem so small until I could see the thumb of the person holding her. I agree that the movie "National Treasure II" is a very good one. We had some great times at the YMCA, it's free for visiting family members during the holidays. Tyler is some kind of athlete. He ran so fast playing racquetball I couldn't keep up with him. Hope your life goes well in the coming weeks and months without Rhett. I'm standing by to come out to help whenever it is most needed. Love, Dad
Rhett in the bathroom for 10 minutes huh? Poor kids in more ways than one. Glad you had a fun Christmas.
Fun blog, Melecia! The photo of the family is super - - just one missing! Looks like a very happy time, and my best Christmas present was knowing your family was together. I'm sure you made the most of the time you had, and that you "filled up your bucket" to help you through the time ahead. These little breaks make the time go much faster.
I remember Rhett's 10-minute bathroom thing, with everyone waiting. You aren't over-stating it at all! Sorry he didn't like the dog, but the rest of us do. The collar's a super idea; I can just see Rhett smiling as he invented it - - -solving the problem but also making the dog just a tad uncomfortable. :)
We love you so much. You are a daughter to be proud of, for sure.
Love and prayers.
Mom
We were all thrilled for you and your family when we heard that Rhett would be home for Christmas! We're so glad that you weren't alone...(not that you could be alone with 5 kids)!!!!
Thanks for the Christmas update...sounds like a perfect Christmas all the way around!
Cute puppy. She does look smaller than I thought in that last picture.
I am glad you all had a fun time with Rhett being home.
I like how you said everyone's favorite gift from the day, I might just copy you.:)
Have a good week.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.
Post a Comment