The annual ward turkey bowl was held behind our home, and Madison had to get in and injure her eye - this makes the third shiner on that same eye this year - all sports related, thank goodness! Madison wanted to get back in the game until I came out and threatned her with her life. Eric, Garrett, and Hannah also played while the rest of us cooked, ate the cheese ball, and watched the Macy's parade!
Eric turned sweet 16 while he was here. We went to "Joe's Crab Shack" for lunch, and Susan made Eric's favorite for dinner - Crepes with the works! It was a great idea and one that we will try for our kids. We watched "Nacho Libre", and had lots of laughs. Eric is a great young man, and has grown so much - he's really tall now!
As a tradition with the kids, everyone slept together in the basement. We've been
doing this since everyone could walk. It's pretty cool that the buddies are all teenagers now.
Having family for the holiday made everything feel warm and loving. We braved the black friday rush and found a few screaming deals, and saw the Disney movie "Enchanted".
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun, fun time! As you know, I love Mt. Vernon, especially the grounds. Looks like everyone found their way to enjoy the time.
I'm so glad you had family there, as holidays are the toughest times to get through when Rhett is gone, I'm sure. One of life's "tender mercies" to you right now has to be technology. Being able to see and "talk" with Rhett through the computer is awesome.
Love you so much!
Mom
The pictures are an excellent representation of the fun time we had with you. It was so good to talk to Rhett, and to see how supportive the family is of one another. We have built some traditions over the years, thanks to living close enough to each other, that will keep us and our children close all of their lives. The movie "Enchanted" was so fun and wholesome...all of Disney's best rolled up in one great picture. There is a happily every after. Love you tons! Dad
That was certainly a wonderful Thanksgiving for all of us! We are so happy that we got to be with you. Those are some really cute pictures! Bike riding along the Potomac was really a lot of fun--as was Mount Vernon! Wouldn't you love to have that backyard?
We miss you all.
xo,
Susan
OUCH! Madison must be one tough girl.
It looks like you guys had a fun time. Wish you weren't so far away so we could celebrate more holidays with you guys.
We love you!
I feel so behind on everyone's happenings, I don't check the blogs as much as I would like lately. Everyone looks so happy and grown up. I like how you took a picture of Rhett on the comp screen, was that a delayed smile?
Post a Comment