One of the many fountains in Paris. I think this one is like the one Gene Kelly danced around
in "American in Paris"
We would really like to get a "smart" car for our next car. It would be practical for our family, and would stand up well against all the SUV's, I think.... no?
Oops - sorry - turn your head to the left - These are the gardens outside the Louvre
Okay - this this is us looking like American tourists, but not taking off our tennis shoes for anyone! We walked forever that day.
We are recovering from a really wonderful trip to France. It was really fun just being alone/together - whether we were getting lost in the hot, crowded subways, gasping as we saw the famous landmarks for the first time, discovering the sights and sounds of a new culture, and trying out the language - it was all fun. Rhett fooled everyone into thinking he was really French because of his good accent, and they would start conversing with him fluently, and he would laugh because his vocabulary consisted of "bon jour" and a few other sentences. We visited three museums - the Louvre for one whole day, the Musee de Orsay with Impressionist art - saw lots of naked statues and paintings, fountains, and gardens and the Toulouse Le Trec museum in Toulouse. We visited about ten churches/cathedrals, lots of little shops, and lots of train travel. The world Rugby championships were going on in Paris and around France, so we met lots of fans from all over the world. The French people we met in Paris and Toulouse generally went against the stereotype you hear about them - being snooty and hating Americans - on the contrary, we found just the opposite was true. I guess wars are started for less, right?
12 comments:
what an awesome trip, glad you guys had so much fun. Did you really drive that car? Did it exceed 25mph, or did you have to pedal with your feet?
Looks like a very awesome trip. I'd love to go to Europe someday. I'd love the art and architecture.
You laugh about the Smart car, but it is actually among my most desired vehicles. I have been preaching true commuter vehicles for years and hope to one day afford one. Maybe a Smart, scooter, Twike or Tango or something similar.
Glad you had a great time...welcome home.
Pablo...the Smart Fourtwo pictured there does 85 mph.
that's cool smart Steve, you wouldn't even have to park in a parking lot, you could use a bike chain and chain it up next to all the bicycles. Do they have one that folds up into a smart suitcase?
Let me break the cycle of the brothers comments to each other and say I'm glad you had such a great trip together!!!
Thank heavens for a wonderful grandma that is willing to take care of the kiddos!!
Looks fun...welcome home!
Wonderful pictures, Melecia. I saw them on your camera, but it's neat to see them in a larger version. I'm thrilled you got to go. Of all people who should see Paris, I've felt that you were at the top of the list!
It was my absolute and total pleasure to be there and enjoy those wonderful grandchildren!! Even getting up for Seminary and getting lost a couple times was a fun adventure. I'd do it again in a minute - - and that goes for ANY grandchildren-sitting! That's one of the "percs" of retirement, for sure.
I also love the Smart Cars, and agree that for commuting, they're the answer - - -and a bit warmer than a scooter. Joel and I saw some in Bozeman last year, and I was really impressed then. A little confining for a large family, though!
P. S. No more makeup-less, bedhead photos of your mother, please. UGH! I look old enough when I'm "fixed up," as they say! :)
Glad you are back safe and sound and that you had such a wonderful, perfect time together. Paris does sound and look so beautiful. I'm so glad the people were friendly. That makes a big difference.
Sounds like the kids and Grandma did great together. I bet they miss her.
Can't wait to see all the pictures at Thanksgiving time!!
xo,
Susan
Oh - - -would you please, please, please take a picture of Madison in her "Toulousse" outfit? She was soooo cute, and I didn't get one. Thank you much!
That looks like a great trip. I can't wait to see Europe.
I just caught your blog. Welcome back. Paris is a great place for romance and two people who like to be informed about the arts. It looks like everything at home got covered well too. Look forward to see you soon. Love, Dad
BEAUTIFUL!! Please post more pictures for people like me, who don't know how soon we will make it there!
Glad you made it back safely but probably not half as glad as your babies were. I know they had a blast with Grandma but there is nothing like cuddling back up to mommy!
Post a Comment