Blog Background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Madison's Mission Call

Madison has always wanted to serve a mission, and her Patriarchial Blessing really emphasizes that too! It took a while to get all her paperwork just right and turned in, and I was stalking the mail woman every day when we knew the papers had been signed and cleared on December 9th. It was fitting and just right that Madison was home when they came. I left the call in the mailbox on Monday the 19th for her to find and open, but she called from her job and asked it it was there, we both kind of screamed on the phone when I told her it was here. She said "What's it doing in the mailbox - get it inside before something happens to it! My plans were to invite over some friends and have a party, but Madison was more comfortable with her family and two best friends for the past ten years - Mika and Brittany. Her two favorite YW leaders, Michelle and Linda came over a few bit later. Here we are waiting for dad to come home! Waiting is the hardest part!

Have to get an akward family photo with the mission call!

Yep Dad is still not home. Take your time Rhett!:)

President Monson has called me to the Anaheim, California. Pause.....pause.... then we all screamed and clapped. It's an English speaking mission and will be mostly walking and biking. That will be so great for Madison who loves fitness. We all see the hand of the Lord in her call, and know she will do so well. Her fun humor and personality will only help her out there!



A toast - lets get snockered with sparkling cider. Every event in our house gets toasted with it!
I bought six bottles of it for a party, so we had a lot to drink!

Happy, Happy day! We called and texted family and friends, and Steve informed us that Mickey Mouse ears come with the missionary outfit. Pretty Cool!

5 comments:

Moore Family said...

I was so excited to read about her call on facebook and more excited to share the news with Glen. When I told him to guess where she was going, he didn't guess, he already knew! I must not be in in your texting loop?
I did call & talk to her cute self though and it was good to hear her excitement, even right before bed and having to get up REALLY early to babysit the next morning.
Madison is going to be a breath of fresh air to all those people in California and do a awesome job, I just know it! We love her at our house!
Kendi

Maude said...

"A breath of fresh air" is the perfect way to describe what Madison will bring to her mission! Madison, we're happy for you, and know that you'll have many challenging experiences there, but will find the people you are to find, and will love them right into the Church! You're awesome, and I'm grateful and proud to be your GM! :)
Love the happy pictures. Thanks, Melecia!

Love you all,

Mom/Gram

Anonymous said...

Let's get you in the texting loop, Kendi! I'm sorry about that! I know Madison wants to go shopping for mission clothes with you in Utah and to go to the temple with you and Gramster. So glad you are there with her!

Melecia

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

What an exciting time for all of you! We are thrilled for Madison and can't wait to hear where Garrett will be going!

xo,
Susan

The Nannie Family said...

That is great. Good luck Madison.