Blog Background

Friday, March 04, 2011

BYU Hawaii

We are so happy and excited that Garrett was accepted to BYU-Hawaii! He's been checking his e-mail twice a day and called from school to tell me the good news. He wanted to go somewhere warm, international, and a small school, and Hawaii fits the bill. So our son will be studying and living the good life! School starts September 13th, and new student orientation is a few days before that. I think it's going to take at least Mom and I to get him into school properly, and if other family members would like to join to help him get into school, we'd love to have you come along. We have a "time-share" in Hawaii and could have a few extra people come along!

7 comments:

Moore Family said...

Um.....hello! ME, take ME!
Garrett that is SO awesome. We are excited for you and all the experiences you'll have there. Fun fun fun!
Kendi

Maude said...

Congratulations to Garrett! I'm sure he'll love it there, and they'll love him!
Thank you, thank you!! I'll get Jim on the Delta Miles ticket ASAP! Hawaii - - -seeing Pearl Harbor, the Polynesian Center, etc. has been on the top 10 of my bucket list for quite a while. I was beginning to think I'd have to just cross it off.

Go Garrett! We're so proud of you, but not a bit surprised!
Love you all.
Mom/Gram

Jenny Moore said...

Congrats to Garrett! That is a tough school to get into! Way to go!
As for Hawaii...take me take me take me!!!! :)

Kendi said...

I am thinking a girls trip?.....well & Garrett!

Anonymous said...

I think we could/should have a girls trip! Garrett wouldn't mind - he's used to girls around!

Melecia

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Congrats, Garrett! We are thrilled for you. BYU-Hawaii is an awesome and beautiful school. Better start working on your tan and polish up your surfboard!!

love you,
Nani Sue

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Congratulations to Garrett. BYU Hawaii is a really good fit for the goals you have to be international, in a small school, and do something unique. We visited Susan's niece Cierra when she attended BYU Hawaii and she showed us all the top spots. We should have a chance to talk about it with you soon. Don't let the girls make you think you need them to know what to do. It will make us boys very jealous. Hopefully we'll find a way to see you in Hawaii after your mission, yes?
Love you,
Papa