Blog Background

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whirlwind Wedding Trip!




This general store used to be called "Clarks", and I was amazed to see that my idyllic little town of Hygiene, Colorado has remained largely unchanged. Rozena drive and our old home was vacant and overgrown, but we did recognized a few things that haven't changed since we lived there, like the brick driveway entrance, the barn, and the old deck~ no trampoline however for the boys to jump onto! I have dreamed a lot about Hygiene, and coming back was really exciting! Rhett and I rented an economy car and they gave us a "free" upgrade to a boat - a Grand Marquis that looked totally like we should be one leg in the nursing home. So floating around with my hubby, visiting with family, and sharing a b-day cake with Joni was very fun!
Joel and Erin and their family and friends were very welcoming - the food was great...I want those vegetable casserole & kabob recipes if time! The rest of the pictures say it all! Thanks to Dad and Susan for having us, and for Mom for letting us stay with her on Saturday. We had a lot of fun, and love you all! We have lots more pictures that we'll send out to Joel, Erin, and family.





























3 comments:

Maude said...

Awesome job, Melecia! Your photos made my struggles with what to post lots easier! Thanks so much for sharing. It was good to spend time with you kids - - -and I missed those who weren't there.

Love you all lots.
Mom/Gram

Paul and Joni said...

It was so great to see you guys. Melicia, I think you and I make a fine birthday pair! Love your pictures!

Joni

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Sorry to be late getting at this. The Clarks no longer own the store. It was sold just a few months ago but will continue to offer the same venue. Hygiene setting is my idea of heaven...plenty of space, lots of trees, fields and mountain views that won't quit! I loved the pictures, the celebration of yours and Joni's birthdays. It was so good to be together and feel that old family loving spirit and to enjoy a great time.

Love, Dad