Blog Background

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Homecoming











Madison went with a friend, Chris Hall, to homecoming. Fourteen kids from the drama department met for a potluck at a home, and then after the dance Chris left with his friends and Madison had to find a ride home. She was laid back about the whole thing, but I don't think Chris was taught basic etiquette. I won't elaborate on that because it will sound shrill. The good story is how we found Madison's dress in less than half an hour. It was the only modest dress in the entire mall, and it fit her like a glove. It was over our budget, but I decided to buy it with the rationalization that she will wear it at college dances, etc. When we went to the counter, the sales woman scanned the price tag and it was 50% off! It was still expensive, but so much sweeter to buy! It's a 1920's vintage style and we bought mary jane pumps to match!

7 comments:

Garity said...

Madison, you always have the best dresses! Grrrr about your date though.

Maude said...

Thanks, Melecia, for all the catch-up photos! Halloween looks very fun, and I love all your neat costumes.

Madison, your dress is gorgeous - - -just perfect, and it will truly be a great one for college. You could be a fashion consultant for anyone! - - -AND WHOOPEE for 50% off tags. Love them!

I hope you had fun in spite of your rude date. Sometimes people surprise us, don't they?! Looks like you were with a fun group and made the best of the situation.

Counting the days until Rhett gets home! You all deserve the Medal of Honor for doing so well while he was away for a year. I'm very proud of all of you.

Love you all mucho!

Gram/Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It's nice to read you on the blog again, Melecia. Madison looks beautiful and more mature. It hardly seems real that she will be off to college next year.

We're glad that it is only days when Rhett will return. You have been tested so much this past year. We feel total admiration for your perseverence and good faith. Thanks for sharing all those great pictures.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

That dress is so pretty. How lucky for you guys to even find it with just 30 mins left.
Madison looks beautiful.

Paul and Joni said...

Congrats to Garrett on his Eagle, that is way cool. I like to use the same rationalization you used for Madison's dress on some of Joni's clothes...sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and insure a girl has what she needs in the moment, even if its never used again.

I'm sure Madison appreciated it, you are a good mom. If I ever run into that kid that took Madison to the dance I'll sick our mean and ferocious Dilly on him.

Jenny Moore said...

Madison looks gorgeous as always. Sorry to hear about her date. At least it will be a good story to tell to her kids someday!!!

Jen Jarrett said...

Madison!!! You look GORGEOUS!!!!! Oh you look so beautiful, I hope you had tons of fun!